Many websites today offer the service of comparing insurance quotes offered by different insurance companies, or by different agents. In order to get online car insurance quotes, you will need to follow a few basic steps.
Step 1 – Ensure the website is genuine: Every website that offers the service of getting an instant quote requires information about your vehicle and details about your identity. Thus, ensure that the site is secure. Check for privacy policies and other licenses, that ensures your safety.
Step 2 – Choose a policy comparison website: In case you have not narrowed down your search to one or two Insurers, you can look for a well known comparison site, where you can enter required details and get quotes from various insurers.
It’s helpful to keep the following data in hand, when requesting a quote:
- Make of the Car
- Location of the car’s garage i.e. where the car is parked majority of the time
- Owner information such as name, date of birth, state of residence, contact details such as email.
- Year of manufacture of the car
- Extent of vehicle use (the number of miles driven each day approximately)
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) This is usually not asked for at the initial stages, however it will be required when you have decided to go with a particular Insurer or an Insurance agent.
- Primary use of the vehicle (business, vacations or other)
Also decide on the type of cover you want. Car Insurance can have a comprehensive cover or a basic cover. Speak to your agent or insurance company in order to determine which type would suit you.
Step 3 – Choose a company website: Once you’ve narrowed your search down to one or two Insurers, you can go to their own website to get a quote. Every Insurance company has the option to receive a quote online. Getting a Car Insurance quote is slightly more complex than enquiring about the price of something you want to buy. At the same time, car insurance quotes are easier to get than a home insurance or personal insurance quote.
Insurance Company websites also have a number of requirements that may be a bit more detailed, that you will need to enter before a quote is given out. The quote may be in the form of a ball-park figure or an exact sum, depending on the amount of information you provide.
Step 4 – Special Insurance packages: If you have any special insurance needs, are not sure what kind of cover would suit you, or if you have big changes planned, such as moving to another city, new job, getting married etc., looking for a car insurance broker online, rather than browsing for quotes is a much better bet.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com